Thursday, April 13, 2017

YUMMY VEGGIE BOWLS!

   OKAY so the other day I was watching a couple of documentaries on Netflix. "Fed Up" and "Food Choices." If you ever need motivation to eat well, I highly recommend those two documentaries! I was scared straight... straight into the local Sprouts to buy some healthy food. My goal was to have as many colors in my meal as possible. This is sort of a recipe, but I didn't really measure everything exactly. In the future, I will be sure to measure out more exactly and take more pictures:)

These bowls can be made with any variety of vegetables & grains, but I used:
-Carrots
-Red onion
-Brussels sprouts
-White sweet potato (they are a thing, I promise--it was an accidental purchase, but they are pretty yummy!) (about 1/3 cup maybe?)
-Red bell pepper (1/2)
-Seeds of Change quinoa and brown rice with garlic (1 package)
-Green lentils (1/2 cup)


Step 1: cook the lentils (I used half a cup)


Step 2: Start cutting and cooking veggies
It's best to start with what will take the longest. I started with the sweet potatoes, onions and bell peppers. Then I actually microwave steamed the carrots and brussels sprouts before throwing them in with the other veggies and oil to save time. Not ideal, but I was in a rush.


Step 3: Microwave the quinoa and brown rice
Since I would be cooking it more later, I only microwaved it for 60 seconds.

Step 4: Combine grains
Put it on low heat and wait for veggies to be done. Add spices--garlic salt, salt, taco seasoning, or whatever sounds good to you!

Step 5: Forget to take pictures because your little sister is going to be late for dance and can't find her ballet shoes so you have to go find yours.

Step 6: Mix together in a medium bowl, add cilantro and lime juice.

Step 7: ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips Tuesday!

Welcome to "Tips Tuesday!"  Okay, through my Human Anatomy & Physiology class I'm taking online through BYUI and the sup...